United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
This position is responsible for support of production applications and services; design and improve Production systems, performance monitoring and provide data security, recovery and troubleshooting processes. This individual will also be responsible for the processing and delivery of MRI-Simmons and third party provided data, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
As the Production Systems Manager, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Design and implement new systems/processes to improve or streamline Production system operations. Develop database structures and workflow documentation for new projects and processes.
- Develop and enhance existing systems to minimize manual work and prevent errors.
- Delegate data loading tasks and perform data-integrity checking processes to ensure the accuracy of all client releasable information for syndicated and custom databases of internal systems.
- Status Report Presentation - Design, develop and update SSRS reports; troubleshoot reporting issues.
- Design and develop SQL database backed MS Access applications for data entry and management systems.
- Troubleshoot Starch and Issue Specific data load and performance issues; Design process flows and create stored procedures for front-end applications/services.
- Manage and keep track of servers/database usages and security. Monitor performance, job activities, backups and restores. Data recovery and troubleshooting.
Now that we have introduced you to the position of Production System Manager, what skills, qualifications, and experience should you, have?
- Ensure the delivery of quality work in a timely manner
- Prompt responses to emails and inquiries
- Complete projects according to specified deadlines and client requests.
- Ability to recognize potential data or system performance problems and strive for simplified solutions
- Verify the effectiveness of the solutions and devise backup plans
- Prioritize the revised processes and tasks in accordance with the new solutions
- Ability to analyze gathered raw data and creates analysis charts
- Apply logic to identify root cause of inefficiency or problems of operation flows
- Ability to assess system needs
- Understand how to blend technology with physical processes to support production systems.
- Knowledge of GfK MRI production processes and client deliverables.
- Ability to analyze processes and create documentation that will drive development projects.
- Task and detail oriented; ability to develop new processes to streamline production methods.
- Ability to read and leverage database structures within process and application design.
- Comprehensive understanding of data normalization techniques.
- Understanding of SQL Server Management Studio to develop queries, stored procedures, functions, jobs and triggers.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance issue and perform performance tuning.
- Ability to juggle between multiple development projects and carry out the following responsibilities on a daily basis or as demanded: monitor daily operation and system activities; Troubleshoot performance and data load issues; Delegate tasks and ensure data quality for releases.
- Ability to balance, prioritize tasks and respond to requests in timely manner.
Experience with a growth organization focused on culture and engagement All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!