For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Working as part of the Global Support Function, providing exceptional customer experience to circa 11,000 GfK internal employees across EMEA, The Americas and APAC. Supporting the 24x5 follow the sun model between Sofia, Bulgaria and KL, Malaysia you will join a team providing support for all areas across the IT landscape either with the main Service Desk or as an onsite IT Support Engineer.
Mentor and coaching a team of IT Support Analysts who are responsible for providing support for all areas of IT. Troubleshooting problems, provide support for IT issues within the organisation and updating systems as needed.
- Seen as technical subject matter expert within the Service Support environment
- Ensure SLA compliance across Service Desk/Support teams/resources and act as first point of escalation for Customers for operational performance issues
- Ensure all activities undertaken by any member of the service support function to address the logged issues have been recorded within the Service Management Tool (Service Now).
- Undertake staff scheduling, monitoring, and performance management
- Respond to IT issues; hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc. and implement remote remedies as required.
- Assist with the implementation, and ongoing support of new software and features.
- Assist in the IT onboarding of new users.
- Ensure that asset information is reviewed and kept up to date.
- Walk customers through the problem-solving process, directing unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Ensure all tickets, problems, changes, and/or configuration items are updated in ServiceNow.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Understand internal structures including key actors, decision-influencers and use this knowledge when formal structures do not work
- Recognize what is possible and not possible at certain times or in certain situations
- Identify and maintains regular contacts with main customers. Answer customers’ queries promptly and follow up on them until satisfied
- Provide input to cost benefit analyses, risk analyses and development plans to take account of design decisions
- Working closely with specialist 3rd Line support teams to ascertain what activities can “shift left” to the Service Desk
- Creation, approval and regular review of Knowledge Base Articles
- GfK IT Services teams
- Regional IT Head
- Global Service Desk
- Business (supporting all levels)
- Proactive and clear communication
- Customer focused and driven to provide a consistent high level of support
- Able to work independently with some individual responsibility
- Guides others within own area of expertise
- Good working knowledge of ITIL processes
- Identifies and improves activities within own role
- Able to work independently with high individual responsibility of complex topics
- Analyse relationships amongst several parts of a problem or situation. Identify alternative solutions and think through consequences of actions
- Proven experience leading and line managing a team
- Guides and influences others within own area of expertise
- Develops and improves activities within own role
- 2nd Line Support Experience
- Knowledge of PC and laptop hardware
- Experience supporting Windows OS, Apple OS, iOS, Office 365
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SCCM
- Solid understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy management
- A thorough understanding of network concepts
- Service Now IT System Management tool
- Experience working in a global support environment
Typical Education and Work Experience required
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an IT Support role, some of which at a senior level
- High school diploma or equivalent
Global Service Desk only
As a Global Organisation, we support many countries and languages as such, oral and written language in English is essential. One or more of the following languages would be desirable
Global Service Desk
- Occasional business travel may be required both Domestic and International
Working Hours and shift patterns
KL, Malaysia (local hours)
2 shift patterns that all staff are required to work on a 2 week cycle
- Shift 1 – 06:00 – 15:00 (office based) – except during COVID regulations
- Shift 2 – 09:00 – 18:00 (office based) – except during COVID regulations
*Shift patterns may differ to support the business requirements, suitable notice will be provided in these cases
It is expected that you have a suitable home broadband connection that provides a high connectivity level
We are looking for a passionate individual who takes pride in their work and is also open to mentoring/developing others in terms of best practice and modern approaches. We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together, encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take centre stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!