For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Input and code data into the system accurately and in compliance to company's procedure and standards.
- Ensure optional data quality by conducting regular quality analysis.
- Highlight coding errors to the Field Manager to enable corrections to be made to maintain a high level of data accuracy.
- Investigate and resolve any quality issues raised by clients and account management team.
- Fully understand data production processes as documented in the production manual.
- Suggest process/system enhancements to achieve better work efficiency.
- Fully understand the company's retail audit methodologies and definitions and apply data control procedures and techniques to ensure consistent data output.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Field Manager, including ad-hoc studies, trade survey studies, transactional studies, etc.
- Excellent sales/negotiation skills required for shop recruitment.
- Good relationship building skills (internal, external, and cross-cultural).
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to interpret research data accurately.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Good computer skills in areas of MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Word.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and targets.
- High energy with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and optimism.
- Prepared to take ownership of issues and responsibility for actions.
- Sense of humour.
- Strong work ethic and reliability.
- Team oriented.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Thorough, with outstanding attention to detail.
- Certificate / Diploma level, preferably with minimum 2years experience in fieldwork.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!