For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
- Interviews respondents, collects/audits data from panels.
- Fully responsible for the quality of the data/information collected.
- Provides timely and accurate feedback to the Field Manager on major performance areas of the field team including interview / collection status, panel complaints, recruitment status, operational issues, data, panel and other day-to-day issues.
- Ensures successful recruitment and retention of panels in line with the objectives set by the Field Manager.
- Establishes, develops and maintains positive working relationships with panels/retailer contacts at all levels and all times to maximise retailer retention.
- Continually innovates, develops and suggests enhancements to gain better work efficiency
- Any other tasks assigned by the Field Manager and or Field Supervisor including ad-hoc studies, trade survey studies, transactional studies, etc.
- Retail Manager
- Data Processing teams
Technical skills required
- Excellent sales/negotiation skills required for shop recruitment.
- Good relationship building skills (internal, external, and cross-cultural).
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to interpret research data accurately.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!