United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
In GfK’s AutoMobility Division we work with the brand and marketing teams of automotive manufacturers to help guide their brands. We conduct syndicated brand tracking studies monitoring vehicle demand, marketing effectiveness, and overall brand health. We leverage this data as fact based consultants, creating executive presentations to answer their business questions and guide brand strategy.
A Senior Research Associate will work within a team to uncover insights in the data and create engaging deliverables tailored to answer the client’s business questions. To be successful you should have a passion for marketing and the automotive industry, enjoy insight generation, and have a strong client service and teamwork orientation.
As Senior Research Associate, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Support the development of monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc report deliverables tracking brand and model health, marketing effectiveness, and demand for automotive brands.
- Work within a small team to prepare reports and presentations that communicate study findings in an engaging manner. Integrate insights from GfK research with outside sources to provide a holistic analysis that tells a story.
- Analyze data with SPSS to identify deeper insights and underlying trends and opportunities for our clients to leverage.
- Provide excellent customer service that deepens existing client relationships.
- Work with broader internal team to identify reporting efficiencies and proactively suggest improvements to reporting that will benefit client
- Assist in managing changes to current studies and contribute to the development of new products.
Now that we have introduced you to the position, what skills, qualifications and experience should you, have?
- 2-3 years related work experience in market research, automotive, or advertising, ideally in a role responsible for analyzing data and writing reports that showcase key insights and recommendations.
- BA/BS in Marketing or related degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience using SPSS for large data sets.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to create impactful graphical presentations of data in a variety of formats and frame/direct analyses.
- Strong teamwork mentality
- Ability to interact with clients professionally on data inquiries and business issues.
- Familiarity with or working experience in the automotive industry (terminology, makes/models, upcoming launches, key trends, etc.) preferred, though can be learned on the job for those interested in the industry.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally for in-person client meetings and internal team working sessions when appropriate.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!