For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
We are currently seeking a Panel Communication Assistant with a focus on communication to work closely with our panel support team.
The Panel Communication Assistant takes care of all communication between our 'Consumer Panel' (CP) Management and the HouseHolds, for the Swedish Consumer Panel. Communication means written documents, social media and the CP portal.
As Panel Communication Assistant You Will Have Following Key Accountabilities
- Communicate with the households via newsletters, mail, sms, other social media
- Update weekly the CP portal
- Link surveys to the portal and make selections for them
- Make recruitment initiatives, find new ways to find new households to our panels, setup communication program’s with bloggers
Now that we've introduced you to the position of Panel Communication Assistant, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- Native Swedish language
- Very good knowledge of English - both spoken and written
- Knowledge of the Danish - spoken and written is considered as a strong advantage
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Teams etc.)
- Good communications skills (you will get in touch with colleagues in expert centers in Romania, Germany, Poland, and other European countries)
- Knowledge of website programming and all kind of social media as twitter, facebook, what's app, instagram
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Passionate about working with data
The employment is a Danish contract, with 36 working hours a week.
Working days, Monday to Friday
Office location is in Copenhagen, Örestad.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!