For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
What you’ll Do
- Elicit requirements using the most appropriate techniques to ensure that business needs are clearly understood and captured
- Create and maintain a single Product Backlog using the most appropriate techniques ensuring that business needs are clearly understood and captured
- Produce appropriate documentation to support your work, report on your findings and present to stakeholders as required
- Build and maintain relationships with business and technology stakeholders
- Follow the agile (Scrum/Kanban/Other) principles throughout the Software Development Lifecycle
- Comfortable participating in Agile ceremonies such as Backlog Refinement and Sprint Planning sessions
- Work effectively with internal and third party teams
- Leverage communication skills to help translate between technical and business stakeholders
- Be willing to question all stakeholders to result in the best outcomes
- Work on individual projects
- Working under the tutelage of more senior Business Analysts
- treat communication with the highest regard
- demonstrate patience, sympathy and listening skills
- be adept at building professional relationships
Skills and techniques to compliment responsibilities
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrates an inquisitive and analytical mindset
- Ability to acquire and utilise knowledge at a fast pace
- Good time management and planning
- Understanding of:
- Use Case diagrams
- User Journeys
- Business Process modelling
Nice to have:
- Business Analyst background, delivering small business projects
- Experience in implementation of small scale business operational systems
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience using standard business analyses
Common Expected Analyses
- Extensive experience using common expected analysis techniques including:
- Root Cause Analysis
- Feasibility Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- GAP Analysis
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!