For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Institutional Sales role consists of supporting a developed territory in Asia, along with the efforts of new strategic sales within the market. Reporting to the Global Head of Sales, you will be focused on opening new accounts and building strategic partnerships with high-value customers. We're looking for someone who has shown experience driving consultative solutions and closing large-scale deals through a consistent, pro-active and strategically designed sales process. The team has ambitious plans to grow this business, which will be done through both client support and prospecting of open territory.
You Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Client service of hedge fund subscribers of GfK Boutique Research
- Prospecting, selling, closing six-figure annual research subscriptions.
- Identify opportunities; participate in product design initiatives
- Contribute to coordination of sales activities between UK, HK and US offices
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Forecast accurately
- Create and Execute on territory plan
- Collect and input key data into centralized sales force automation tool
- Ensure our analysts are exposed to our clients to secure our near 100% historical renewal rate
- Retain and expand existing client relationships
Ideally You Will Bring the Following:
- Ideally, some experience selling to hedge funds
- Strong presentation skills
- Prospecting experience
- Proven record of sales goal achievement
- Bachelors or Master’s degree
- 5+ years of successful research and/or finance sales
- Developed Sales Process
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Interest in technology a plus
- Some travel required (10%-15%)
- Bi-lingual (English is mandatory)
Relevant postgraduate qualification ideal, but at least a BA/BS from a top-tier university.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!