For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Mission of the role
On the role Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will be part of our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team and work together with our software engineering team to build and operate the infrastructure to measure audiences (TV, Radio, Digital) across different countries. We are looking for an experienced DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for hybrid infrastructures and automation. You will be part of the international Evogenius team and would have the opportunity to work with the agile methodology SAFe.
- You’re a self-starter and you love keeping up to date with the latest developments in cloud and configuration management technologies
- You understand the benefits of an immutable infrastructure and you enjoy enabling self-service deployments through continuous delivery pipelines
- You understand how to work in a team and in an agile environment
- However, you have a head for operations and you know that security, backups, scalability and resilience are a paramount concern
- In fact, you have a keen interest in security and you’re always looking for ways to use infrastructure-as-code to achieve security and compliance at scale
- You understand that costs are a concern for the modern infrastructure engineer and you’re always looking for ways to reduce them
- You thrive in a collaborative DevOps culture and you love to work as part of a cross-functional agile product delivery team alongside developers, data scientists, product owners and technical architects
As a Senior SRE you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Work extensively with our hybrid cloud environment (AWS & VMware), you will be embedded within the product development team to enable them to test and deploy software rapidly whilst ensuring the highest standards of reliability and security
- Influence architectural decisions with focus on security, scalability, cost, high-performance and future development of the technology stack.
- Set up and maintain monitoring, metrics and reporting systems for fine-grained observability
- Set up actionable alerting
- Maintain infrastructure and databases
- Follow up on alerts and investigate actively on issues / performance metrics
- Create and maintain appropriate backups, restore and redundancy solutions for business-critical data
- Support and drive the platform further by taking on ownership of the product
- Take part in weekly on-call schedules to respond to alerts
- Take care about sustainability and communication of your solutions
Now that you know what the Senior SRE does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- Expert knowledge in administrating Windows Servers
- Basic knowledge on the Linux platform
- Deep understanding of networking and TCP/IP
- Strong experience with VMware, AWS and Terraform
- Demonstrable skills in a Configuration Management tools (We use Ansible in combination with PowerShell)
- Strong knowledge and working experience in one of the following: MongoDB, MS SQL Server
- Set up and supported CI/CD pipelines and tooling such as TFS or Bamboo
- Good experience in monitoring, log aggregation and alerting tools (like CloudWatch, ELK, Check_MK, Datadog, Opsgenie)
- Experience working in production environments
- Fluent level of English language, both written and spoken
It would be a great addition if you have experience or knowledge in:
- Experience with workflow management / processes like Airflow
- Some experience with Docker
- Some experience in a high level programming language such as .NET, Python or Java
- Been working in an on-call environment before
Join our team and benefit from the following advantages:
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme linked to individual performance and company results
- 3 additional non-working days annually
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
- Discount program with external vendors
- Eco friendly travelers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and free card for public transportation are available to all employees
- Variety of sport activities such as football and traditional Bulgarian dances
- Last but not least – GfK Sofia office is located close to the city centre and easily accessible from any point by public transportation – 47A Tsarisgradsko Shose Blvd
All documents will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!