For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
We are currently seeking an Account Manager who will be a part of the South Africa Sales Team and the link between GfK and our Clients. The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for commercial activities associated with their nominated Accounts and accountable for achieving the target set by GfK. The AM closely collaborates with other GfK sales representatives to reach these financial targets for their Accounts.
Candidates will have accomplished skills in business development and sales. They will also have strong interpersonal skills and use these to delve deep into the client business, truly understanding the challenges and questions. They live and breathe clients and are able to demonstrate the value of GfK solutions, thus driving engagement and growing the business.
As Account Manager you will have following key accountabilities:
- You lead defined list of accounts on behalf of GfK
- You ae responsible to achieve sales growth
- You manage overall client relationship with GfK, liaising with internal departments to provide a client centric experience
- You understand client strategies, structures and key business questions
- You develop new and existing relationships with customers to achieve sales growth
- You lead contract negotiations both for new sales and renewals
- You grow the revenue base from your accounts, ensuring targets are met or exceeded
Now that we've introduced you to the position as Account Manager, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- You have min bachelor’s degree
- You have minimum 4 years work experience in sales/ account management
- You have a proven track record in achieving results, “Getting things done”, positive hands-on attitude - pro-active, pushes self for results
- You are client oriented and willingness to go the extra mile
- You have a natural ability to build and maintain long-term customer relationships
- You are expert on negotiation and sales closing skills
- You have proven story-telling capabilities and a creative mindset
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!