United States of America
Product & Clients
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As Senior Research Manager, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Client Management – Ability to interact with clients, build relationship and demonstrate client service. Meet with clients to understand key business questions and discuss research techniques to meet research needs. Work with mid to senior level clients on various aspects of the research (design, timing, reporting, etc.), providing project updates, and delivering above and beyond client expectations. Anticipate clients’ needs/requirements and proactively manage situations to expectations and resolve any issues. Understand and advise on research issues including ad hoc requests as appropriate. Recognize opportunities for new business development.
- Research Instrument Design – Assist in designing research instruments that will answer business questions and will meet the research and business objectives as defined in the proposal stage. Strong understanding of question and questionnaire construction is a must. Has experience performing quality assurance before sending questionnaires into field. Creates tab and banner plans aligned with storytelling and client objectives.
- Full Cycle Project Management – Ability to manage executional aspects of several projects simultaneously that are complex and ambiguous. Manage the day-to-day aspects for the research program from design and programming through to report analysis and production. Monitor and report out on study performance in terms of schedule, quality (including any red flags). Ability to handle complex and/or difficult issues (shortfalls to quota, missed timing, cost overruns, miscommunication of specifications etc.) with internal/external vendors and communication/negotiation with clients. Ensures data is collected and delivered accurately by maintaining a close connection with Operations Teams. Serve as liaison with project management staff to monitor the implementation of projects. Alerts Sr. team members when project will go out of budget/timeline.
- Data Interpretation and Reporting – Show a clear understanding of the data/insights. Analyze complex concepts and data using a variety of statistical techniques (i.e. statistical analyses). Contribute to the integration of large amounts of data into compelling, concise deliverables that meet the client’s needs/expectations. Design PowerPoint decks to tell a story, bringing findings into insights into recommendations, helping clients clearly understand their next steps. Participate in research insight discussions with clients.
- Mentor – Demonstrated capability to lead, train, and mentor junior staff.
Now that we have introduced you to the position as Senior Research Manager, what skills, qualifications and experience should you, have?
- Experience with quantitative research methods
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to anticipate, quickly address and make correct decisions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to train and mentor team members/analysts
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!