United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Senior Research Director interacts closely with Consumer Insights senior management and is expected to be a key leader in the practice area and work regularly with client teams from a variety of industries with a special focus on Technology and Digital Media. Consumer Insights offers a unique challenge for bright individuals who take pride in performing work with accuracy, quality, dedication, and detailed follow-through in a casual, yet professional, environment where creativity, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity are highly regarded.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Grow GfK’s technology practice on the West Coast by expanding existing relationships and developing new business by leveraging personal contacts and professional relationships
- Develop client proposals and business pitches.
- Oversee delivery on client projects
This role includes the following:
- Nurture client relationships and ensure client satisfaction; deliver breakthrough insights and analysis, plus strategic and creative solutions to client business challenges
- Collaborate effectively within the Consumer Insights and with colleagues throughout GfK to ensure client success
- Demonstrate an ability to translate Data to Insights to Recommendations
- Utilize project management and business writing skills
Ideally, you will bring the following:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in market research/consumer insights in technology at the client or supplier side; familiarity with both B2C and B2B research a plus.
- Must have primary research experience
- Activation experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of quantitative and qualitative research techniques (e.g., habits and practices, image and attitude, consumer segmentation, path to purchase/customer journey, behavioral and purchase data)
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills
- Applicants should be well-versed in MS office applications (PowerPoint & Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
What we offer:
- Room for growth – career progression
- Opportunity to become an expert in many different industries
- 401K Match
- Medical/ Vision/ Dental Insurance
- Work life balance- Hybrid or Remote schedule
- Tuition Assistance – up to $5,250.00 yearly
- 11 paid corporate Holidays
- Life / Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Supplier Discounts/ Plum Benefits partnership
At GfK we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!