For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Retail data is the lifeblood of GfK and supports everything we do. By sharing their sales data with us, Retailers receive access to market data and insights from one of the world’s biggest sales panels. With a history dating back to 1934, 130,000 partners, 10 million+ SKUs and $1.16 Trillion sales monitored, GfK’s Data Partnership Program is the trusted source for better decisions in Retail.
The (Senior) Consultant Retail Partner Acquisition (m/f/d) is the first point of contact and link between GfK and non-cooperating Retailers in Germany.
Candidates will have accomplished skills in business development, sales, or key account management. They will also have strong interpersonal skills and use these to showcase the value of how GfK´s Retail Partner Program can add benefit to client organizations.
This role delivers data partnership contracts and fit-for-purpose data supplies from non-participating retailers, merchants, and other data partners. These may be missing from an existing channel or part of setting up a new channel. This role is also responsible for correctly positioning GfK with new partners, not just as a POS service but as a multi-solution agency.
The acquisition team should ascertain the clients' research budget and requirements, wherever possible recruiting data partners with revenue attached to the contract from day 1, whilst enabling discussions around the Retailers' wider research requirements.
As (Senior) Consultant Retail Partner Acquisition (m/f/d) you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Open doors and establish relationships with non-cooperating Retailers or Retail associations across different channels (incl. cold-calling, cold-е-mailing, etc.);
- Understand Retailers business needs, KBQ´s and how GfK solutions and our Partner Program can help them in making better decisions;
- Build trust and create value around GfK solutions with a strong focus on our Retail Partnership Program;
- Drive and manage campaigns that will support your acquisition efforts (e.g. webinars on key trends for a key retail channel, Newsletters, etc.);
- Maintain organized and accurate records to manage pipeline and opportunities (Salesforce);
- Negotiate and close new partnership contracts across different Retail channels in DE;
- Work closely with our Retail Partnership Teams, Market Insights, Operations and external partners (e.g. IT, API providers) to assure a seamless onboarding of new partners;
- Enable fit for purpose data supply to assure Retailers benefit from our Partnership;
- Management of internal and external Stakeholders.
Now that we've introduced you to the position as (Senior) Consultant Retail Partner Acquisition (m/f/d), what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- Experience in need-based selling, Business Development, or Key Account Management preferably in Retail or Tech with a strong focus on – and passion for - acquisition;
- Ability to identify and understand client needs, drivers and motivations and successfully handle potential objections by building trust and showcasing the value;
- Comfortable with cold calling and use of different methods to obtain engagement with targeted Retailers;
- Networking skills - comfortable with working across all levels within a client structure, including senior management;
- Results-driven to meet and exceed key performance indicators (like number of Retail Partners recruited, number of leads generated for Retail Sales);
- Self-motivated, driven, innovative with the ability to see the bigger picture and “think outside of the box” when solving problems;
- Strong communication skills; verbally and written with excellent German language skills;
- Willingness to learn and improve every day and to work together with a strong team of Retail talents every day to support better decisions for our Retail Partners;
- Attention to detail and high-quality standards are essential;
- Travel as required (Germany);
- Able to use Microsoft Office (experience with Salesforce is a plus).
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!