For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
- Validate impact of new data sources on current Data Science solutions for the Data Platform and Client Platform
- Support the team in turning analysis and insights into compelling stories for internal stakeholders and clients
- Help ensure that our data and models meet the highest quality standards
- Interpret data from various sources, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide concise reports
- Analyze and validate data, models and other analytical solutions developed in the team
- Test and analyze the scalability and applicability of Data Science models across a number of product categories and countries
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Analyze data quality and adequacy for the application of Data Science models
- Support the implementation of continuous monitoring of data and model Quality Performance Indicators
- Confidently participate in and contribute to agile ceremonies such as Backlog Refinement and Sprint Planning sessions
- Work with the development team and Product Managers to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst of 3-4 years
- Technical expertise regarding data models, experience with databases and solid SQL skills
- Knowledge of the application of statistics, and experience analyzing data using software such as Python (a plus) or R
- Strong analytical thinking with the ability to link data to the problem to solve
- High attention to detail and ability to summarize findings in concise reports
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Teamplayer, ideally with experience working in Scrum / agile framework
- Experience with point of sale data, survey data and / or other data sources used to infer consumer insights and marketing effectiveness
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or similar with strong quantitative focus
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!