For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Data Flow Specialist will be responsible for supervising and controlling data flow in the Consumer Panel Services department, creating IT solutions to improve the work of the department.
As a Data Flow Specialist, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Monitoring and control of data flow in the panel
- Data processing based on existing tools
- Creating scripts in the Linux environment
- Task automation
- Creating tool databases, tables, forms (Access)
- Creating queries, reports, statistics from databases (Access)
- Preparation of VBA tools that automate work (VBA Excel, Access)
Now that you know what a Data Flow Specialist does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- Good command of the English language allowing for conversation
- Ability to read documentation in English
- Good knowledge of Excel VBA supported by experience
- Good knowledge of SQL / MS Access VBA proven by experience
- Knowledge of Linux and scripting languages
- Ability to write documentation for processes
- Ability to think analytically and interpret data
- Accuracy and timeliness in performing the entrusted tasks
- Ability to work both in a group and independently
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!