For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
You are able to:
- Help set direction and work independently to identify issues and needs.
- Write clean code that follows common web standards.
- Build your understanding of accessibility.
- Build your own knowledge.
- Develop software which meets user needs.
- Programming and build. You can collaborate with others to understand and review software requirements. You can design, code, test, correct and document user interfaces using the right standards and tools under the direction of others.
- User focus. You know about user experience analysis and its principles. You can explain the purpose of user stories and the focus on user needs.
- Modern standards approach. You understand the central principles of a modern standards approach and how it applies to the work you are undertaking. You can apply it under guidance
- Communicating information. You are able to listen to the needs of the design and business stakeholders and interpret information. You are able to take part in discussions within the multidisciplinary team.
- Leadership and guidance. You are able to follow agreed good practice for the team. You have an awareness of the importance of team dynamics and collaboration and understand the importance of feedback
- Community collaboration. You can contribute to the work of others while having the ability to motivate and empower teams. You know how to create the right environment for teams to work in and can facilitate the best team makeup depending on the situation. You can recognise and deal with issues.
- 5+ years of experience working in web application development.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins, Travis, etc.
- Familiar with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MYSQL).
- Confident with version control systems and code reviews.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!