United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Purpose of Role
The GfK team in Redmond is seeking a Research Director to play a key leadership role within the Microsoft Account. This individual will play an important role within their focus area, both externally, through client service/communication; and internally, day to day, working with a team of high performing researchers. Responsibilities include team leadership, program management, creating engaging deliverables tailored to the client, building client relationships, and consulting with clients on key business issues. This individual should have a passion for brand/advertising, the tech industry, insight generation, and a strong client service orientation.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience with day-to-day client account management
- Eager and able to build and maintain a role as trusted advisor and strategic partner with clients
- High comfort level working with complex and large data sets
- High attention to detail
- Experience creating presentations in a storytelling format with complex data that is easy to understand and actionable. Highly proficient at writing summary and recommendations for c-suite audience.
- Analytical prowess including sig testing, correlations, and regressions
- Experience collaborating with others
- Willingness to ask questions and initiate/contribute to dialogue
- Ability to integrate various data streams to create impactful and
- Ability to prioritize workload and client deliverables
Ideally, you will bring the following:
- A minimum of 7 years within the Market Research industry
- Demonstrated success building trusted relationships with clients and internal teams
- Strong analytic skills with proven ability to contribute to methodology improvements
- Strong understanding of question and questionnaire construction
- Strong client management skills, project management skills; strong understanding of data analysis tools and techniques
- Solid interpersonal, verbal, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Tech industry preferred, especially around marketing, and/or brand strategy
- Knowledge and application of Customer Journey/Path to Purchase a plus
Undergraduate degree in marketing, social sciences, or other related field, ideally with a quantitative emphasis on statistics or research methods
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!