For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Associate Consumer Intelligence Consultant sits within our newly refreshed global consulting function, that operates from within the global commercial team and will primarily be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of marketing and consumer intelligence led insight, across pre-sales and paid engagements relating to our consultancy offering.
Reporting to our Consulting Engagement Lead, the Associate Consumer Intelligence Consultant supports all global and regional consultants on a project by project basis including crucial support on prime opportunities by identifying important client challenges & pain points from our Consumer Intelligence data and framing the risk/opportunity for the client in a compelling manner.
This is an excellent opportunity for an early-career stage market researcher or data insight professional, who is eager to further develop their client consulting and insight recommendation skills under the guidance of a consulting lead within a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
In this role, the Associate CI Consultant works closely with Consultant leads, account commercial leads and regional delivery colleagues to;
- Contribute to the proactive identification of opportunities for consulting engagements through the detailed interrogation of Consumer Brand and Insights Data
- Respond to client led enquiries and KBQs discovered through sales conversations and project delivery
- Create the required fact and insight based materials and accompanying narrative to engage the client throughout the sales process
- Contribute to the market intelligence aspect of the consulting solution proposed to the client, including detailed, and feasible analysis plans
- Support on delivery of CMI aspects of some large/strategic consulting pieces, providing high quality of analysis, insight and storytelling
- Liaise with the local CMI market experts to ensure relevant knowledge and expertise is incorporated into the final outputs
In addition, they will closely align with the wider team consulting and sales teams to:
- Contribute to relevant strategic account planning sessions, to help identify new opportunities
- Push value to GfK clients by proactively supporting cross-product/consultancy pitches, creating powerful proposals and convincing delivery outputs
- Ensure the relevant local expert market knowledge is integrated to any outputs.
- Very strong customer focus, sound commercial mindset, agile thinker who is highly result-orientation
- Problem solver with intercultural experience
- Ability to relate client issues to GfK's capabilities
- Excellent understanding of GfK CMI solutions and data assets, and a basic understanding of GfK MI data assets to help translate client needs into GfK’s product portfolio and match the content to specific client KBQs
- Highly proficient in the interrogation, analysis and interpretation of consumer survey data with a big focus on insight creation. Proficiency in data tools such as Domo, survey reporter etc. would be highly beneficial
- Creative approach to data charting and visualisation
- Minimum 3 years data insight or data analysis/interpretation experience
- Minimum 1 year client consulting or client account management within a data insight or market research firm including support on client RFP’s/enquiries
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!