For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Senior Product Manager: Stream
GfK are the 4thlargest Market Research firm globally and we have access to unrivalled data, giving us rich insights in to consumer behaviour and trends.
You would be joining a brilliant and growing Product Team whose goal is to transform the way we gather, transform and deliver our data with a real chance to fundamentally change our business and enable new products and propositions.
As a Product Manager in this role you will be helping us rebuild one of our core products used by internal and external customers worldwide that helps us collect our data from the retailers we work with globally.
You will work day to day with your development team, a designer and some great stakeholders with the support of a larger product and tech community.
Your main tasks will include:
- You are the owner of ‘Stream’. Our field tool for collecting data from retailers world wide
- There is an existing product in need of replacement. You will be responsible for replacing this tool with a world class product for our internal and external customers
- Tight interaction/ steering of stakeholders across different disciplines like tech, commercial, operations, science + external vendors
- Formulate & present vision, strategy and roadmap for product area, able to prioritize and capable to say "no"
- Convert different stakeholder requirements into a world class product
- Apply OKR framework, track results, suggest and mange counter measures if key results are on risk to be failed
Your experience ideally would include:
- Delivering a front end product (B2B or B2C)
- Work in Product Management for at least 5 years
- Broad & deep understanding of user research/ design thinking/ MVP concept/ BPM
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills, feeling comfortable in front of a top management audience
- Strong communicator who is able to build excellent rapport
- Analytical and logical when it comes to data
- Agile mindset and work style
- High proficiency in Business English
- Experienced user of Confluence/JIRA, AHA
• Manage and demonstrate complete ownership of a large or complex Product or Focus area / Services and independently drive the Product strategy & execution for that product(s) that leads to the delivery of significant value to your stakeholders.
• Proactively engage and work with internal and also external stakeholders to define the strategy & direction for your product
- Are able to take a business idea from inception to production and have build/delivered successful products/ initiatives that unlock significant business value.
- You have experience with solutions in a mobile / fieldwork / or app context
- You have proven your excellent intercultural communication skills whilst working with teams in different locations (e.g. APAC, Eastern Europe) and across different time zones.
- You have successfully delivered solutions in areas with strict regulations on data access/synchronization (e.g. China)
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!