For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
We are looking for You, a Designer focused on exploration and validation of new propositions. This is a bit of a hybrid role – a blend of service, business and product design. Working with internal and external clients you will support the validation of new propositions and concepts, ensuring that we are client centric in our approach and that all propositions are viable and drive real business value.
You will work closely with research, UX design and product teams as well as our data science and engineering teams to explore the technical feasibility of new ideas. You’ll be looking at improved product features or services as well as looking at new opportunities – such as developing your understanding of how AI and Machine Learning can help GfK to deliver industry leading products, helping to frame how these meet customer needs and how they can be used in real world application.
- A creative problem-solver who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative and agile environment.
- Passionate about developing strategies derived from insight, with the mastery of your craft to turn these into products (both interactions and visuals) adhering to user-centred design principles.
- Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design
- You are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback through hands-on user research
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations when designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision etc).
- Motion graphics and general coding skills an advantage but not essential
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us.
- Develop, or support others to develop testable hypotheses based on insights, designing tests and early prototypes to prove these and de-risk product development
- Support Principal Design Manager to review, prioritise and communicate pipeline of propositions throughout Explore/Prototype phases
- Work with subject matter experts, colleagues and external partners to understand desirability, viability and feasibility of proposed solutions
- Translate research into actionable insights and effectively communicate to key stakeholders, promoting human(client)-centred product design
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to design solutions and propositions in response to insights
- Support or lead, as required, internal innovation activities, including workshop facilitation, design sprints, discovery etc
- Analyse processes and identify opportunities for improving delivery and outputs of the team or department
- Develop communications and updates on progress, processes and customer insights to promote own work, that of broader team, and of design-led product development
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!