For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
GfK (Growth from Knowledge) is one of the leading global consumer and market intelligence companies serving all blue chip FMCG as well as Consumer Technology and Durable Goods clients. We have already delivered a significant portfolio restructuring to prepare a revolutionary next client service experience, while in parallel carefully improving the existing business models. We are inventing the future as we build on our 85-year reputation for trust and expertise with industry and consumer data, leveraging Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, to help our clients make business decisions at speed and with confidence through connected insights, recommendations, and always-on analysis applications.
About this role
The Head of Product Analytics is a critical role in transforming our business and culture by empowering the Product organization to make data-informed decisions. The role reports directly to the CPO and heads up a newly established Product analytics team responsible for incorporating Data analytics into product decisions in a high-impact way. The team works closely with their partners to identify high-level problems & OKRs but it is ultimately responsible for deciding the analytical approach, which analysis to conduct with trade-offs that focuses on sufficiently directional data instead of time-consuming analysis, identifying relevant data sources, and finally delivering actionable recommendations.
The successful candidate will have an extreme bias for action and ability to work across multiple initiatives to un-earth opportunities backed by evidence while navigating highly ambiguous problems and taking the lead in initiating new analytical projects that strive to simplify complexity.
The team was recently established (<8months) with 2 new product analysts but is expected to grow and evolve as the organisation becomes more mature at being more data-driven.
What you will be doing
- You’ll build, lead and mentor a high-performing team of analysts and managers
- You’ll drive the vision and strategy for product analytics at GfK
- You’ll partner closely with Product, Engineering and Design leadership to understand the role of Data and how we can drive impact throughout the product development process
- You’ll help define and build a strong data culture at GfK by working cross-functionally with data leadership
- You’ll be a strong advocate for the team, and represent their needs and challenges with cross-functional leadership
- You’ll work closely with leadership to answer important questions about our customers, our product and the business
- You’ll transform the culture internally by enabling cross-functional partners to do more with data
- You’ll partner closely with our Product leadership team to influence planning and prioritization
- You’ll deeply understand the business and proactively spot risks and opportunities
- You’ll Create frameworks to analyse the performance of our products and Influence change by presenting product insights and recommendations within the organization
Behaviours & Collaboration:
- Demonstrates an ability to use different management and influencing styles to suit different stakeholders and team members. Some stakeholders may be new to agile product development so remember to bring them along with you.
- Exhibits excellent judgment and a focus on meaningful outcomes
- Strong negotiation skills, at ease sitting down with top-level executives and vendors to drive the desired outcome.
- 10+ years of experience in Analytics role with 5+ years leading individual contributors
- Extensive and relevant work experience leading and growing a high-performing Product Analytics team
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Strong storyteller and ability to communicate effectively with managers and executives
- A nuanced understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices
- Comfort with ambiguity and grace under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in quantitative field such as Mathematics, Economics, Computer science etc
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as R, MATLAB, etc.
- Understanding of the growing and changing digital Analytics landscape
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!