United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Who We Are:
MRI-Simmons Research is a leading consumer insights company. We are an established organization, with a great brand, that is aggressively reinventing itself through investments in technology and people! The innovative private equity firm, Symphony Technology Partners, also backs us.
What We Do:
MRI-Simmons measures consumer preferences, attitudes and behaviors. We do this by collecting data through surveys and passively measured data in a way that is representative of the general population, applying data science and making sense of consumer data through enterprise-grade software. Marketers and media companies then use MRI-Simmons data and technology to develop marketing strategies, consumer segmentation schemes and media activation approaches.
As a UI developer, you will be working with our team of Rockstar engineers and create pixel perfect layouts based off of our designs. We are focused on building applications that our users love to use and are visually appealing. You will be part of an agile team that has a proven record of successfully architecting, developing & implementing advanced analytical solutions.
As UI developer, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Build & support REACT based front end application interfaces used by our clients
- Maintain and improve existing application modules
- Understand and work in an agile development environment with the ability to work on numerous stories and issues simultaneously
- Optimize applications for maximum performance
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Propel innovation and contribute to exciting new projects
Now that we have introduced you to the position as UI developer, what skills, qualifications and experience should you, have?
- 3-5 years of strong hands-on experience in creating and implementing user centric applications
- Good knowledge of React practices and commonly used modules based on relevant work experience
- Solid understanding and proficiency with git and other standard development tools
- Ability to work quickly with an eye towards writing clean, efficient and reusable code
- Good written and interpersonal skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to optimize code for the best possible outcome
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!