For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As a Software Engineer, you will have key accountabilities to:
- 2+ years of commercial software development experience with an open source Java stack or .NET Core
- Knowledge of the Spring framework and ecosystem
- REST, API design
- No-SQL Databases such as Mongo DB and Search indexes such as Elasticsearch or Solr
- Have automated testing experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience in unit testing and mocking frameworks (Junit, NUnit, JustMock, Mockito)
- Good understanding of Design Pattern and object oriented design (SOLID principles, Dependency Injection, Factory pattern)
- An open and collaborative mindset both within and outside your team
- Good communicator, fluent in English and ability to clearly express oneself
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!