Marketing & Communications
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
A key role in our European Marketing business, the Marketing Events Manager - Europe plans and coordinates events across the region, co-developing and implementing strategic and multi-faceted event programs designed to deepen client engagement and meet EMEA business objectives. Reporting to the VP Brand Marketing and working closely with our Global Head of Events based in London the successful post holder leads virtual and in person events in this region.
To proactively manage the events calendar to ensure delivery of European client events – both owned and third party, virtual and face-to-face, that meet expected company standards and support strategic aims providing a strong brand and lead generation contribution. In support of GfKs client engagement and retention initiatives, to ensure that regional events are planned and delivered in an effective and cost-efficient manner, ensuring that clients are engaged, and understand how the reliability of our data and AI insights products provides real-time actionable recommendations. To support the delivery of an effective strategy in alignment with Digital and Sales teams to deliver a focused programme of activity
- Experience of working with and managing team members to produce high quality work.
- Extensive experience of arranging and co-ordinating a range of events eg. Seminars, round-tables, networking events, virtual broadcasts and webinars.
- Continually research cutting edge technology and streaming channels and implement new processes where necessary.
- Work with external suppliers and/or internal operational functions to ensure smooth delivery of virtual events.
- Experience of successfully managing and financial targets and budgets.
- Experience of engaging with and managing multiple senior stakeholders.
- Experience of time management and task prioritisation to meet inflexible deadlines.
- Extensive experience of working in a marketing/events office environment or related service.
- Experience of end-to-end conference production.
- Experience of actively engaging with technical subjects in a professional environment for the development of technical events programmes.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail across all tasks and projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide range of people, in writing and face to face, both internally and externally.
- Ability to obtain, analyse and present information effectively, both in written and oral formats.
- Demonstrate effective organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to use a variety of computer software packages (including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook).
- Fluent English language skills, German language a plus.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!