For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
GfK Etilize is the largest product data provider in the world. We have been providing clients from around the world with mission-critical product data and solutions for retailers, distributors and manufacturers to power their eCommerce efforts. Our team brings decades of eCommerce experience, and we truly are passionate about product content and optimizing it for our clients. We provide standardized product data feeds for more than 20 million products worldwide.
We are building a next-generation PIM System which defines how we acquire, aggregate, normalize and syndication a huge amount of data to different targets using state-of-the-art technologies. This is a great opportunity for seasoned Java developers & architects to become part of a great product development team and grow their careers by working on cutting-edge technologies and solve problems involving a huge amount of data, high availability and scalability in a distributed environment.
As a very experienced Java Architect/Programmer, you may require to own certain parts of the products, manage small or bigger teams, contribute to design and oversee implementation. You must be a passionate software engineer who models the world, think in terms of design patterns and object-oriented design, functional programming, test-driven development are your second nature. You are used to working in agile teams delivering small, incremental improvements through continuous delivery pipelines. You are proud of the quality, security and robustness of the code you write, and because you write your code with an in-depth understanding of the execution environment these qualities translate to the systems you implement as well.
As an experienced Software Engineer, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
10+ years of commercial software development experience
- Work closely with Sr. and Principal Architects to align globally defined technical and architectural principals/strategy within the system you are supporting and setup processes to measure the adoption of these.
- Work with Product owners and Product managers to understand the product requirements and help resolve ambiguity and edge cases and translate these user requirements into high level tech architecture which can be picked by engineering team.
- Write code for some complex proof of concepts as and when needed and work closely with team to solve tricky or hard to identify/solve issues.
- Do regular design (HLD, LLD) reviews with other engineers and be the tie breaker in case of conflicts around which technical approach or tool is best fit.
- Do regular code reviews and establish effective processes to ensure the code quality is always high and aligned with Technical Architecture of the system.
- Help team to adopt new technologies and approaches wherever they can add value using pragmatic approach.
- Create and own NFR roadmap of the System/Sub-System and work with product team to get these prioritized in healthy way.
- You will be accountable for the architecture maturity of mid sized single system or a sub system within bigger system.
Ability to work independently and must be self-driven.
Must be passionate for quality and has a keen eye for designs and aesthetics
Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
A list of tools & technologies we often work with (the list goes on):
Tools & Technologies:
Distributed micro services
Docker & Kubernetes
Git Working knowledge
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!