For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
Be part of a cross-functional development team, providing guidance and vision to other data scientists, and working hands-on with machine learning engineers, developers and client solution experts on delivering our end-2-end analytic solutions that will make us the indispensable data and analytics partner for the durable goods and technology industries. It will be your responsibility to translate the product vision into data/analytic/algorithmic requirements, to conduct PoCs and to build prototypes, and at a later stage to work on high-performance implementations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop analytical approaches based on product concepts, going all the way from feasibility checks to proof-of-concepts to prototypes to implementation in end-to-end solutions
- Manage and coordinate Data Science projects, i.e. defining user stories and specific tasks working closely with Product Owners and Product Managers
- Closely collaborate with machine learning engineers/ software engineers on creating data-driven end-to-end solutions for marketers
- Present GfK’s Data Science capabilities in client-facing situations, at conferences and in workshops
- Actively share Data Science knowledge within GfK's Technology and Data network
Now that we've introduced you to the position as Senior Data Scientist, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- Expert knowledge of Python programming
- Solid skills with regards to working in Big Data environments (e.g., Cloudera Hadoop, Hortonworks Data Platform, AWS EMR, Hive)
- Expert knowledge of the constantly evolving Data Science ecosystem and its frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark MLlib, H2O, Tensorflow, Torch, Theano)
- Expert statistical modeling skills
- Expert knowledge of optimization and/or machine learning algorithms and/or deep learning algorithms
- Proven experience in senior data science/quantitative data analysis or related areas
- Knowledge in pricing research is a huge pl
Besides the things we really expect you to have, there are some things which would be amazing if you have experience with them as well:
- Working knowledge with regard to performance optimization and scalability (e.g., parallelization, code optimization, containerization, function as a service)
- Knowledge on predictive analytics
- PhD or Master degree that reflects strong modeling, statistics and IT skills.
Our people in our teams are the most important, so we are looking for individuals who:
- An open and collaborative mindset both within and outside your team
- Love agile working methodology and are able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Wants to work in a dynamic and diverse environment
- Have strong analytical skills
- Have a passion for new technology
- Are able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure situations
- Good communicators not only at their desk but also with their team members across the globe
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!