For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Head of Commercial, Consumer Panel – Germany oversees all Consumer Panel product offering across our key market of Germany. Reporting to our VP Consumer Panel, the Head of Commercial, CP – Germany manages a sizable team of Key Account Mangers and Senior Insight Managers to service all clients across Germany as well as drive new sales and opportunities. The Head of Commercial, CP – Germany leads from the front with face to face client engagement (predominantly with FMCG/CPG clients) whilst manoeuvring the performance of the country sales team with constructive guidance and leveraging key performance indicators. The Head of Commercial, CP – Germany takes responsibility for country P&L and growth whilst shaping in-country CP strategy and contributing to wider European CP strategy.
- Drive sales based on needs and capabilities of clients
- Support and pro-actively enable sales activities, help to facilitate or open opportunities
- Participates in the function strategic sales planning process and creates annual global sales plan based on the company priorities and strategy
- Cascades key company sales goals and objectives to the Sales Leaders, and monitors achieving key targets by the regions
- Develops and generates reporting to track all key sales metrics and pipeline management for the organization in conjunction with Finance
- Drives performance of sales team by guiding with and leveraging key performance indicators and Salesforce
- Works with the Sales Team to clearly identify additional business opportunities with current and potential clients, merge them into sales plan and track progress
- Secures that client voice is shared within the rest of teams and incorporated in strategy and product development and within marketing material. Collaborates with Global Product, Marketing and Sales/Commercial to ensure successful sales launch of new products/product providing sales teams with go to market materials, marketing leads, as well as sales targets, dedicated incentive plans, hunting lists, etc.
- Participates in face to face client meetings to ensure sales pitches and sales process is aligned with GfK’s strategic vision
- Maintains granular understanding of customer’s requirements, trends, risks, opportunities and satisfaction.
- Works in conjunction within the Business function and with Regions to identify opportunities to ensure a robust sales pipeline to fulfil local sales goals and Company targets.
- Manages & leads the team through leading by example. e.g. team calls, meetings, including people processes, secure team spirit and collaboration in a highly virtual team environment
- Collaborates with HR on career planning and skills development of team members
- Sets ambitious but achievable targets for the team and has regular individual feedback sessions to track progress
- Managing the P&L for the Consumer Panel Germany.
- Ownership and accountability to drive people related processes/topics for the commercial team in close collaboration and guidance by HR
- All functions within CP/MM/NQ including enabling functions
- several years of commercial management; experience in the leadership role: managing pipeline, sales forecast, target setting, sales planning, team coaching
- Analytical skills and ability to work with financial data (sales pipeline, sales forecast, annual growth rates)
- Experience in leadership roles in a multi-country and multi-culture context, international projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in the international company, preferred industries: Consulting, FMCG
- “Getting things done” attitude
- High resilience
- Team player with ability to work with minimal guidance to adapt to changing priorities in fast paced “can do” environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to build trust and network
- Strong selling skills required to identify and close opportunities
- Strong understanding of client business issues of various functions at the client and how to support clients
- Fluent in German & English
This vacancy can be based in any of our German offices (Nuremberg/Munich, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Berlin) but will require frequent travel to our head office in Nuremberg and client visits across the country.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!