United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Business Development, Marketing & Consumer Insights
The Business Development, Marketing & Consumer Insights position is responsible for revenue growth and business development of new client relationships within GfK’s custom and digital consumer marketing research business.
In this role you will work under the direction of the GfK Commercial Director, North America and in collaboration with Product Solutions teams to target key prospects, develop contacts, relationships and new business via procurement of RFPs for GfK’s digital and survey focused Brand, Communication and Segmentation research business expertise.
This position requires a self-starting independent approach to implement a strategic plan to achieve short-term and long-term goals for revenue growth, market position, and a high win rate in a highly competitive consultative insights business.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Revenue Generation – Responsible for identifying, prospecting and developing business opportunities with predominantly new or lapsed clients across GfK ‘s Marketing & Consumer Insights portfolio with particular emphasis on east and west coast tech/comm, financials services and consumer packaged goods accounts.
- Networks and sells to develop new client opportunities
- Highlight potential opportunities, prospect, pitch and win new business for GfK
- Conduct client negotiations for both new sales
- Consistent quota achievement with emphasis on new account development
- Develop a sales plan and strategy to optimize client engagement and a competitive sales strategy
- Understands client industries and identifies potential client penetration areas
- Solicit and procure RFPs in relevant research solutions areas, through client-specific channels
- Develop approach and win strategy for RFPs in GfK Solution areas, including competitive intelligence
- Address required client contract and legal requirements for client engagement
- Aid in preparation and delivery of client proposals and business development presentations with Product Solutions counterpart
- Develop, sustain, and grow GfK’s presence with specific account’s client base
- Ensure consistent and effective communication with other internal GfK departments, build internal and external relationships that will support the growth needed for GfK’s insights
- Meet monthly sales objectives; exceeding assigned quarterly and annual quotas
- Monitor progress towards achieving plan goals and conduct quarterly reviews of business objectives.
Ideally, you will bring the following to this role:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the market research industry (brand, communication, segmentation, and supplier knowledge preferred), with a proven record of accomplishment of driving revenue growth, a minimum of 3-5 years in relevant consumer packaged goods, tech and/or financial services industry role.
- At least 7 years of high-level account management experience and 5+ years of significant sales experience working within a large consultative sales organization, ideally experience with global organization.
- Deep understanding of consumer markets, including industry issues, trends and direction, and a mastery of competitive profiling and positioning with ability to identify and quantify market opportunities.
- Ability to network GfK’s services and products to match client’s business requirements.
- A passion for developing new business, capable of winning business and building meaningful client relationships.
- Experience using sales techniques and proficient in applying impactful sales methods, such as Sandler, TPI, or similar methods; Salesforce proficiency a must
- Ability to network, create, and leverage (existing and new) relationships and sustain relationships at the C-level and is self-confident as subject matter expert.
- Build effective relationships with client’s support functions (procurement, legal, etc.); CRM Management.
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, mathematics, or arts & sciences, Masters/MBA a plus
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution?
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!