For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
GfK is looking for a curious and ambitious Marketing & Data Scientist to join its team - a specialized entity of statisticians and marketing scientists.
With the presence of GfK around the world, you will not only have experience with the regional team (Western and South Europe) but you will also have access to a global network of Marketing and Data scientists who all have the desire to learn, develop and share the latest methods. Responsible for analytics research on one or more products, with a wealth of attributions for both customer service and end-product quality assurance (verification, interpretation and reporting to clients).
• You will contribute to Marketing Sciences projects by running statistical models, interpreting results and applying and presenting complex methods to internal clients.
• You will maintain a good knowledge of current and emerging statistical techniques: you will follow the market to find new innovative approaches in data science and Artificial Intelligence
• You will then execute these projects by applying statistical techniques and you will be responsible for the interpretation of the results and the delivery of the contents.
• The position involves frequent contact with internal research teams.
Profile and skills sought:
• Master's degree (Data Scientist, Statistics, IT, Mathematics, IA)
• Mastery of statistical methods
• Excellent understanding of advanced analytical research techniques, both theoretically and practically
• Advanced knowledge of SPSS and Excel
• Knowledge of R and Python
• English proficiency
• Good communication skills (oral and written)
• Sense of organization and determination
• Curiosity and creativity
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!