For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
GfK has recently launched its new product ecosystem and as our clients evolve with our product our products evolve with them. We are looking for a Head of Product to lead the Product Propositions capability. You will be empowered to grow a team and develop the existing talent to create a team capable of owning the proposition product evolution ,end to end ownership and execution of new propositions, definition of data science/AI needs,Collaboration with commercial and pricing and go to market.
• Lead a team of (Senior and Principal) PMs to drive the product management & delivery for the client platform propositions
• Contribute to setting product objective, goals, OKRs and KPIs/metrics and lead the team to achieve/ exceed them
• Build great product teams and delivering products (often grounds up) that create significant business value
• Demonstrate ability to think both strategically and tactically
• Act as an advisor to the VP on team related issues and strategic direction of the team & for overall portfolio of products required to deliver the business strategy within your unit.
• Make build vs buy decisions in collaboration with senior technology counterparts based on what is best for the product strategy
• Maintain and establish new relationships with suppliers and business partners relating to your product portfolio
• Own, decide and communicate the vision and strategy for your product portfolio (the product mix, new products and retirement of old products)
• Lead discussions on programme delivery
• Manage resources within the constraints of the budget provided
• Demonstrate ability to anticipate and shape the resource/skills demands for the department
Essential Skills and Expectations
- Execution: make trade off decisions, manage sprint teams, manage product lifecycle
- Design and Research: collaborate with design to create or kill propositions, produce hypotheses, validate assumptions, progress towards product-market fit
- Leadership: Coach, mentor and grow PMs. Play a key role in creating a product culture
- Product Strategy and Vision: collaborate with design, tech and commercial to define and evolve product strategy. Translate (and influence) business strategy.
- Analytics and data: collaborate with product analytics to make data-driven decisions
- Methodology, process and tools: manage roadmaps, backlogs, product vision, manage dependencies
- Domain knowledge: be an acknowledged expert in your product domain, collaborate with subject matter experts
- Technology: collaborate with engineering to influence technology strategy decisions
- Commercial: collaborate with sales, digital marketing, pricing, analysts
- Client and stakeholder engagement, team and collaboration: Inspiring, empathetic, credible, respectful and fun to work with. And always curious.
Desired experience (but not essential)
- Experience launching successful B2B products
- Fast paced, high-growth environment; VC or PE backed
- Collaborating with AI and Data Science teams
- Strategy or innovation background
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions. Can there be a better place to take centre stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!