For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
- Work with Principal Designer – Research and broader team to design, develop and implement the user research function across discovery, concept validation and prototype – working with the wider Insights team to define roles, responsibilities and ways of working
- Manage and deliver analysis of existing research findings and insights, assessing strength of insights and identifying gaps. Work with manager to identify methods and processes for filling these gaps and improving quality of insights.
- Support and manage strategic research, translating research into actionable insights to deliver deep-dive analysis for new opportunities, trends, propositions etc
- Be a thought leader and advocate for user centred design, mentoring designers and broader team members on best practice for research approach and techniques
- Support PMs to ask the right research question, develop testable hypothesis, document assumptions and design research / testing approach to improve insight quality
- Work closely with Insights & Foresights team to ensure strong relationships, collaboration and sharing of information
- Provide advice, guidance and coaching to stakeholders across product and design to use best practice research methods
- Excellent communication skills, able to clearly articulate concepts, insights and user needs so they are understood by Design and non-Design team members
- Drives greater and deeper team understanding of customers needs, motivations and behaviours
- Good persuasion and relationship building skills to influence others without authority and encourage collaboration between stakeholders
- Demonstrates patience and resilience in dealings with others, effectively resolves differences independently without damaging relationships
- Good presentation skills, able to present ideas/concepts to stakeholders with clarity and confidence and obtain high quality outputs from collaborative tasks
- Able to confidently convey purpose, value and concepts of design-lead product development to non-design team members and influence without conflict
- Excellent self-organisation and ability to plan own work in line with priorities
- Proactively contributes to conversations about best practice and approach, identifying and acting on opportunities to improve team performance and structure. Defines success measures for own work and direct reports, contributing to broader team planning when required
- Good coaching and mentoring skills
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!