For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The main objective will be the fulfillment of the operational tasks related to data processing and delivery at international level for Global Consumer Panels business.
As Data Analyst You Will Have Following Key Accountabilities
- Follow project timetables and ensure data deliveries from local offices in other countries within agreed deadlines & quality
- Monitors database, performs quality checks and plans DB transfers
- Assures support for reporting and operation teams
- Keep the management team/ key stakeholders updated on the project progress/ issues
- Develop solid working relationships with colleagues from different countries
- Sharing best practice amongst operation team
- Displays keen interest in new software developments, deploying these within deliverables as appropriate
- Building and maintenance of features for movement ( e.g. EURO factor, promotions, planning, shop / category factors)
- Quality checks and monitoring of data base for different teams (articles & movement);
- Updating and running Item Quality Checks (manual & automated)
- Ensure that all steps regarding articles references & movement are finish properly when coming to monthly database enclosures
- Support in the implementation of a request management system based on the ticket system JIRA
- Creation and maintenance of documentation on Confluence
Now that we've introduced you to the position as Data Analyst, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- You have an University degree
- You have1 - 2 years’ experience in either Data Processing/Analysis (Project management experience would be a plus)
- You are passionate about working with big data
- You have analytical mind, reporting skills and you are able to provide solutions to problems
- You demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- You have clear and professional written and verbal communication skills
- You are able to work independently
- You are able to effectively deliver tasks and projects against deadlines
- You have competency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Teams etc.) and you are able to quickly pick up using bespoke software
- You are able to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment
- You are fluent in English
- You have basic knowledge of programming and the use of simple programming languages (UNIX – it is a plus)
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!