For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The purpose of the role is to manage a substantial amount of data, perform data preparation, simple statistical analysis and quality checks in order to update the GfK Geomarketing regional market data product portfolio and visualize regional data with Geographical Information System (GIS).
As a Data Analyst Geomarketing, you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Searching international regional data and exploring new data sources
- Documenting, supporting and optimizing internal workflows
- Preparing data, if needed perform statistical evaluations and quality checks
- Supporting data analysis, if necessary, develop algorithms and functions (in the statistical software R) under guidance
- Visualizing the results in reports and presentations
- Creating thematic maps with GIS
Now that you know what a Data Analyst Geomarketing does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- University degree in Geography, Statistics, Economics or Social Sciences any other related ares (preferably with an emphasis on statistics and data analysis)
- Interest in location-related topics, geomarketing and market research
- Knowledge of (geo-)statistics and experience with corresponding software R
- Experience with spatial data analysis and GIS software - (e.g. QGIS) will be considered as an advantage
- High affinity for numbers and data
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Independent, accurate and structured way of working
- Distinct ability to work in a virtual team
- Very good knowledge of English (B2 – C1), additional languages are a plus
- Solid MS-Office knowledge
Join our team and benefit from the following advantages:
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme linked to individual performance and company results
- 3 additional non-working days annually
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
- Discount program with external vendors
- Eco friendly travelers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and free card for public transportation are available to all employees
- Variety of sport activities such as football and traditional Bulgarian dances
- Last but not least – GfK Sofia office is located close to the city centre and easily accessible from any point by public transportation – 47A Tsarisgradsko Shose Blvd
All documents will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!