United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
This position will be responsible for overseeing the operations and functions of an in-person field force, including field operations, sample management, training and recruitment, and the development of data tracking and reporting systems. The VP will lead a team of professionals who manage a fully remote, geographically dispersed field force who recruit respondents and conduct personal interviews in a door-to-door setting. The VP leads with a focus on continuous process improvement, efficiency, quality, and change management. This newly created position will be responsible for building and developing the department before launching in-field operations later this year. Ultimately, the VP will collaborate with the field leadership team and business leaders to create strategic priorities and deliver on critical operating priorities.
The VP’s responsibilities include developing a strategic roadmap and enforcing milestones to build and oversee a field service operation that develops and manages: field protocols; training and recruitment standards and processes; budgets; vendor relationships; quality assurance standards; incentive fulfillment processes; reporting of KPIs; sampling procedures; and logistics for inventory, shipping and travel. The VP must also ensure that audit standards are met for all processes and procedures.
This position works closely with Research Methods, Research Operations, Digital Operations, Data Processing and Development teams.
As the VP, Field Operations, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Lead the development and execution of a strategic plan to implement a new field service, including standards and protocols, on an aggressive timeline
- Drive the vision for the department, including establishing milestones, processes and procedures
- Manage departmental budget, including staffing, materials, travel, and interviewer expenses
- Hire and develop departmental staff
- Work with Procurement to establish vendor relationships
- Establish and maintain processes and guidelines for interviewer travel and expenses
- Liaise with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance and provide documentation
- Establish and monitor KPIs for quality, budgeting, and interviewer performance
- Establish and oversee processes for data editing and validation, quality control, material collection, and incentive fulfillment
- Oversee, with the Development team, the design and implementation of a field management data tracking and reporting system
- Establish and implement processes and protocols for in-field technical support and a help desk for respondents and interviewers
- Develop quality assurance, fraud detection, and validation procedures
- With Research Methods team, evaluate and assess fielding performance and progress
- Determine protocols for interviewer and sample management to ensure geographic quotas and response-rate targets are met
Now that we have introduced you to the position of VP, Field Operations, what skills, qualifications and experience should you, have?
- 10-15 years of related professional experience managing geographically dispersed teams and remote employees
- Track record of leading high-performance teams and developing talent
- Experience with a growth organization focused on culture and engagement
- Experience in leading large-scale initiatives with heavy change management requirements
- Ability to use various analytical tools and skill sets to create and interpret analyses to understand how the business is performing.
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data is critical.
- Ability to think broadly when evaluating financial and business indicators and translating data into actionable information to drive improved results.
- Adept at strategic thinking as well as practical application
- Strong priority-setting and collaboration skills
- Ability to work to deadline and utilize available resources
- Ability to build positive and productive relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in business management, operations or related field preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!