For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
A Technical Business Analyst is safe to apply agile practices, processes and tools and a certified practitioner. He/She is also experienced in business process (re-)design and has excellent solution design and requirements engineering skills. A Technical Business Analyst is strong in analytical and problem-solving and demonstrates this by the ability to structure issues and analyze alternative solutions in close collaboration with Product Department and in context of a certain domain or squad.
As a Technical Business Analyst you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Take over envisioned outcomes from Product and support design of solution strategy and a high-level design for achieving those
- Verify and maintain solution roadmap (with PM, stakeholders and team), however not responsible for the delivery, make sure that roadmap is transparent to all involved team members. Support product management in creating and managing realistic roadmap
- Working tightly together with System Architect to ensure an overall (at a capability based level) feasible, scalable, and lean architecture
- Produce appropriate documentation to support your work, report on your findings and present to stakeholders as required
- Build and maintain relationships with senior business and technology stakeholders
- Follow the agile (Scrum/Kanban/Other) principles throughout the Software Development Lifecycle
- Confidently participate in Agile ceremonies such as Backlog Refinement and Sprint Planning sessions
- Work effectively with internal and third party teams
- Leverage communication skills to help translate between technical and business stakeholders
- Be willing to challenge all stakeholders to result in the best outcomes
- Work as a part of squad on individual projects, multiple projects or programmes
- Work with multiple cross-functional systems
- Work with multiple cross-functional teams
- Create and maintain a Ubiquitous Language document
- a common language between Domain and Technical experts
Now that you know what a Technical Business Analyst does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- Treat communication with the high regard
- Be a confident negotiator, demonstrating your reasoning to the Stakeholders
- Have experience with existing 'As-Is' and 'To-Be' Business Process identification and documentation
- Have experience in Data Modelling
- Be adept at converting UAT feedback into backlog items
- Have good Stakeholder Management, i. e. identification of and communication with stakeholders
- Be able to acquire knowledge quickly
- Be a competent translator in two-way communication between the Business & Technical teams
- Demonstrate patience, sympathy and listening skills
- Be confident at building professional relationships
Skills and techniques to compliment responsibilities
- Consistent attention to detail
- Demonstrate an inquisitive and analytical mindset
- Ability to acquire complex knowledge at a fast pace
- Experienced Business Analyst background, delivering business transformational programmes
- Ability to support/educate others on best practices
- Experience in delivering agile projects
- Experience in requirement definition activities including Acceptance Criteria, Non-Functional Requirements (NFRs), Use Case diagrams, User Journeys and Business Process Modelling using BPMN
- Good time management and planning
Common Expected Analyses
Extensive experience using common expected analysis techniques including:
- Root Cause Analysis
- Feasibility Analysis
- Risk Analysis
- Data Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Lean Analysis
- GAP Analysis
- Cost/Benefit Analysis
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!