For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
About your future team
The Tactical Apps team provides ingenious solutions to automate processes and reduce manual work in project delivery. While doing so, you will get the chance to work in an Agile team that has a proven record of delivering high quality tools.
You are a mid-level software engineer passionate about building functional and performant applications that delight their users. You have enough .NET knowledge to work on your own on tasks of medium difficulty that are part of a bigger application. You are able to share a programming environment with other developers, being eager to work with modern technologies and expand your technical knowledge.
Mission of the role
Our team is getting bigger! We are looking for a .NET developer to help us enhance the capabilities of existing tools and build new solutions for our business. The majority of our applications are focused on replacing manual processes and improving the daily activities of our colleagues in Operations.
One of the immediate projects you will get to work on consists in building a Project Management application to enhance the coordination of our Market Research projects. The purpose of the application will be to manage timelines, budget and resources across various teams, located all around the globe.
As a Software Engineer (.NET Core) you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Translate user requirements to user stories and technical tasks
- Assess business requirements and provide development estimates
- Work closely with stakeholders and QA teams to deliver fit for purpose technical solutions
- Build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Act as part of the project team and be fully supportive to other members within the team
Now that you know what a Software Engineer (.NET Core) does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Software Engineer Very good knowledge of C# .NET Core Web API / ASP MVC
- Experienced with writing unit tests for the developed code
- Experienced with Microsoft SQL Database
- Worked with the Git source control
- Strong communication skills in a virtual environment
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Worked in Agile environments
- Support and solution oriented
- Can do attitude, Positive thinker, Team player
It would be a great addition if you have:
- Knowledge of .NET Entity Framework
- Knowledge of a front-end library/framework (React, preferably)
- Test driven development skills
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Working with senior software engineers and architects, providing a lot of learning and self-development opportunities
- Growth potential into a full stack developer
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Flexible working / Work from home
- Food vouchers & Health insurance
All documents will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!