For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Leading and being accountable for all functions delivered by the Regional Service Desks and inspire a first-class customer culture to deliver a world class service.
- Direct line management of Regional Service Desk
- Responsible for joint working alignment with secondary service desk hub
- Directs and participates in the provision of day to day services to IT users and customers
- Ensures an appropriate balance of tasks is attained to enable long term effectiveness and to limit stress
- Maintain individual Personal Development Plans (PDPs) for each member of the Service Desk team, identifying career aspirations and training requirements
- Setting SMART, stretching objectives, ensuring individual 1-2-1’s and team meeting are regularly in place.
- Seeks opportunities to provide people with new challenges and opportunities to develop
- Speak of team and members in positive terms, defends and champions its cause
- Contribute to the formulation of team mission, goals and policies
- Responsible for SLA compliance across Service Desk teams/resources
- Key member of the onboarding and transition process for any new services, ensuring the Service Desk are resourced and trained
- Accountable for staff scheduling, monitoring, and performance management
- Ensures any complaints, escalations are managed appropriately
- Onboarding and transition of any new services
- Contributes to the tools and technology utilised by the Service Desk
- Contributes to the management of the Service Desk continuity plans & regular review and testing
- Continually identifying and owning improvements to the services being delivered including opportunities for “shift-left” and automating activities
- Have a “can do” attitude all the time. Readily put in extra time and effort and tackle problems outside the normal comfort zone
- Instil a Customer-centric service experience
- Regional IT Managers
- Global Service Support Manager
- Infrastructure Managers
- Onsite Support Manager
- Business (supporting all levels)
- An experience IT Service Desk Manager with full understanding of Service Operation
- Has a proven track record in the effective management of an IT Service Desk
- A credible and confident communicator
- Customer focused and driven to provide a consistent high level of support
- Go beyond normal responsibilities of the job and seek opportunities to improve their own and the team’s performance
- Review achievement of goals and give direction of how to improve performance
- Create innovative ideas or be open to new ideas from other people and challenge traditional thinking and promote/demonstrate new ideas
- Manages, reports and drives Service Improvements and team performance
- Identifies and continuously improves activities within own role
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced dynamic environment, setting the behaviours and acting as an example to the team
- Analyze relationships amongst several parts of a problem or situation. Identify alternative solutions and think through consequences of actions
- Solid working knowledge of ITIL processes
- Is able to adjust their interpersonal style to respond to the needs or preferences of others and the situation
- Challenge the status quo and champion new initiatives
- Providing management reports covering KPI’s, SLA’s, Service Desk performance and implementing improvement plans
- Experience working in a global support environment
- Experience managing a service desk
- Define standards for quality; and evaluate products, processes, and/or services against such standards
- Experience of Service Now system management tool
- ITIL V3\V4 Foundation
- ITIL V3 Service Operations
Typical Education and Work Experience required
- At least 5 years experience working in an IT Support environment, some of which at a senior level
- High school diploma or equivalent
Occasional business travel may be required both Domestic and International
It is expected that you have a suitable home broaband connection that provides a high connectivity level
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!