For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Regional account director and in collaboration with Global and Local country sales leads, further develop and grow the business in Asia Pacific.
• Strategize the business selling approach with focus on the Consumer Electronics and Imaging industry.
• Identify and develop the growth opportunity values using GfK tracking data for the client needs.
• Analyse and present our data and findings in order to create a need to increase selling opportunities to existing and potential clients.
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships with key decisionmakers within existing and potential clients. Build and maintain Csuite level engagement to increase upsell opportunities.
• Work with and where necessary, take lead in the region for all sales within the industry. Not limiting to point-of-sale but inclusive of digital adhoc opportunities.
• Where necessary, take point in understanding and ensure client deliverables are in compliance with the existing agreements.
• Identify potential problems and propose pro-active solutions to meet client needs.
• Be part of the team to help ensure that the quality of the product remains at a very high level.
• Achieve sales and manage accounts with new and existing clients.
• Keep abreast of latest developments in local and global markets and economies.
• Regular travel within Asia required.
Experiences/Skills/ Competencies required:
• Ability to quickly grasp and understand markets, methodologies and techniques.
• Good organiser with the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
• Ability to maintain a positive, motivational, “get things done” attitude, especially when faced with difficult circumstances.
• Excellent sales/negotiation skills and a hunger to develop new business.
• Good interpersonal and relationship building skills (internal, external, and cross-cultural).
• Problem solving skills.
• Good verbal and presentation skill
• Proficient in English and Chinese. Knowledge of Asian Language will be an advantage.
• Business oriented skill, Excellent track record in business development.
• Able to communicate effectively with all levels within GfK and client’s organization.
• Goal and action oriented.
• Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and targets.
• Meticulous, Thorough with a strong attention to detail.
• High energy with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and optimism.
• Prepared to take ownership of issues and responsibility for actions.
• Strong work ethics, reliability, Self-disciplines, Diligent
• Team oriented.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Patient, tolerant and flexible.
• Minimum of 5 years in the research industry, preferably within the technical consumer goods industry.
• A good degree preferably in Business/Market Research/Statistics.
• Candidates with experience in Market research, Sales and client management.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!