For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Functional Area: Technology & Data
Department: Global Data Science
Host manager: Chapter Lead MLE
Functional manager: Science Delivery Lead
Location: Warsaw Poland
You will be working with GfK's unique data assets and develop data-driven intelligence providing systems,
- take over a leading function in Data Science projects,
- support the development of end to end analytical approaches based on product concepts,
- optimize, standardize and implement data science and machine learning solutions at large scale and in cloud based environments,
- scale algorithms at the lowest level,
- screen the market for potential new / innovative Data Science approaches,
- actively share Data Science knowledge within our organization and
- represent GfK’s Data Science expertise at conferences and workshops.
- Create experimental and analytical concepts
- Identify best practices and create and lead the continuous improvement of tools and methods in GfK Global Data Science
- Continuously improve the efficiency of our data science projects (e.g. ensure quality by adherence to coding guidelines, documentation and reproducability)
- Closely collaborate with product managers
- Develop, implement and standardize Data Science and Machine Learning solutions in proof-of-concepts and prototypes
- Optimize data science and machine learning models using code optimization, high performance computing and real-time techniques
- Build analytical pipelines at scale using cloud services, containerized applications and distributed systems
- Lead/participate in Communities of Practice and foster Data Science related knowledge exchange within GfK
- Ability to fluidly communicate in an English business environment
- Ability to translate and clearly communicate sophisticated analytical information to non-expert stakeholders and clients
- PhD or Master degree that reflects strong statistical / mathematical / computer science skills
- Typically 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Solid statistical skills,
- either in survey statistics (sampling, non-response adjustments, Bayesian statistics),
- or econometric modeling (program evaluation, forecasting, economic theory, panel data),
- or observational causal inference (potential outcomes, structural equation models, instrumental variables)
- or experimental design.
- Expert knowledge of analytic programming languages (i.e. Python) and the respective Machine Learning ecosystem
- Expert understanding of AI (i.e., principles, tools, areas of application)
- Expert knowledge of optimization and / or machine learning algorithms and / or deep learning algoritms
- Expert knowledge of computer science fundamentals, software design principles and patterns, patterns and testing strategies
- Expert skills with regard to working in (big) database environments (e.g. RDBMS, Spark, Hadoop)
- Expert skills with regard to performance optimization and scalability (e.g., parallelization, code optimization, containerization, functions as a service)
- Expert knowledge of cloud computing environments (e.g. AWS, GCP) with the ability to deploy machine learning models (e.g. expose as function/REST-API)
- Solid experience with agile development practices
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!