For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Purpose of the Role
- Performs a range of general accounting and bookkeeping support
- Accountable for creating journal entries and assembling supporting documentation, as well as for tracking the contents of accounts and preparing of the financial statements/ IFRS reporting package
- Updates, verifies and maintains accounting journals, ledgers and other financial records.
- Updates, verifies and maintains accounting journals, ledgers and other financial records
- Prepares general ledger postings according to IFRS and local GAAP (e.g. provisions, taxes, …)
- Reconciles intercompany balances
- Accountable for Navision interfaces (Batch input session)
- Manages client contracts in Navision
- Is in contact with colleagues from business
- Provides supporting documentation for audits
- Supports the Finance Manager and Head of Financial Accounting on periodical submission of the outstanding receivables to the commercial department and follow up
- Deal with accounting and finance procedure concerning both POS and Adhoc
- Procurement Process implementation and support to the Line Manager
- Maintains customers’ and vendors’ master data
- Job order processing in the local and international systems (Navision + CIDB)
- Project controlling utilization analysis and reporting
- Project controlling (revenues/costing) monthly profitability analysis
- Performs the daily postings in the system related to area of responsibility
- Ensures compliance with F2 guidelines before entering transactions
- Performs the monthly invoicing according to the invoicing schedule
- Handles travel expenses transactions and reimbursements
- Performs cash payments and related postings
- Keeps fixed assets accounting
- Keeps local documentations of the processes up to date
- Conducts and checks the monthly revenue recognition according to the GfK guidelines
- Performs the monthly closing activities according to the GfK guidelines
- Finance Manager and Head of Financial Accounting
- Finance Business Partner
- Intercompany Server
Technical skills required
- Knowledge in accounting principles and processes
- knowledge in package handling
- Knowledge in IFRS and Local GAAP
- Knowledge in financial statements (P&L, BS)
- Knowledge in sub ledger reconciliation and intercompany reconciliation
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Excellent knowledge MS-Office, especially MS Excel and Power point
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Navision)
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Able to work independently and according to processes to get things done
- Acts with integrity and takes personal responsibility
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!