United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Research Associate position within the Consumer Insights team encompasses broad responsibilities in a fast-paced consulting environment as you learn to manage projects designed to help answer our clients' most strategic business questions.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with clients on different types of research (i.e., attitude and usage, segmentation, path to purchase, etc.)
- Experience working with knowledgeable, industry leaders
- Gain experience with GfK’s internal processes and systems
- Learn how to execute research across multiple methodologies
- Grow and develop into a Senior Research Associate role with increased responsibility, visibility, and upward mobility.
How you will make an impact:
- Influence consumer targeting, marketing messaging, and shopper activation strategies for industry-leading companies
- Manage aspects of projects including integrating data from multiple sources, analysis, storytelling, etc.
- Perform primary research to complement secondary research, providing clients with valuable insights
- Actively participate in client meetings/briefings
Ideally, you will bring the following:
- Experience using new technology or passive/behavioral data
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Curiosity and passion for problem solving, social media, market research or data analysis
- Ability to structure a strong story by pulling key insights from multiple data sources
- BA, BS in a variety of disciplines including not only market research, marketing, data science, economics, business, journalism, psychology, English, history, communications, etc.
What we offer:
At GfK we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!