For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Job description: Principal Data Scientist (gfknewron predict)
- Work closely with stakeholders in product, commercial and Data Science to screen and understand new topics before they are taken over by Data Science teams
- Being the subject matter expert on machine learning methods, statistical approaches and data science domains, establish what good research looks like
- Leading on methodological reviews within the gfknewron predict domain
- Help to take the ways of working between Data Science and engineering to the next level
- Foster a culture of excellence and continuous learning and improvement by sharing knowledge within the Technology and Data network
- Work closely with product owners to translate business use cases to data science problems and rapidly prototyping solutions and delivering to production
- Guide other data scientists on the team, providing direction to their analysis and helping them ask the right questions
- Setup/contribute to a framework of best practices in the area of Data Sciences
- Oversee the collaboration with engineering, shape ways of working within Data Science, but also along the value chain
- Lead a Community of Practice by lending expertise in a subject area, improving methods and tools and fostering knowledge exchange within the organization
- Support in the development of talent and organization of required training
- Master's degree in Computer Science/Statistics/Econometrics, or related field with a quantitative focus (Mathematics/Physics), PhD preferred but not required
- 8+ years of professional experience in quantitative data analysis/ data science or related areas
- Experience in and/or strong interest in analytics in the (digital) Marketing field (pricing/promotion optimization, product optimization, category management, Customer Lifetime Value modeling, sales forecasting, audience profiling etc.), ideally with some background in b2b
- Mathematical thinking, strong analytical and problem solving skills, self-motivated, organized team player
- Ability to translate and clearly communicate sophisticated analytical information to none-expert stakeholders and clients
- Proven project management and client-facing skills
- Expert modeling skills and statistics knowledge is essential (machine learning, deep learning, econometric modeling)
- Experience visualizing and communicating data with the ability to think beyond the numbers while addressing real-world business problems
- Excellent verbal/ written communication skills in English
- Preferred: Nuremberg or London
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!