For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
- Responsible for providing administrative support in order to ensure smooth functioning of the office in an effective and efficient manner
- Professional interaction with stakeholders coming into the offices.
- Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times
- Professional interaction with stakeholders coming into the offices
- Manage incoming calls
- Provides reception services to guests, clients; informs relevant team members about guests’ arrivals
- Organize and co-ordinate company events, meetings
- Manage meeting rooms: equipment’s, drinks, etc.
- Manage restaurant bookings for business lunch and dinners
- Organize taxi transfers, pick-up services for visitors
Travel & Accommodation arrangements:
- Manage and coordinate travel and hotel arrangements for employees and external stakeholders
Office Environment & Management
- Maintains the condition of the office such as arranging for necessary repairs,
- Manage regular cleaning and courier services and related vendors
- Organizing the office supplies of stationery, equipment’s, grocery, etc.
- Managing office needs including fixing of fixtures and any related requirements viz. upkeep and maintenance
- Reception of goods (ie. vouchers, gifts…) and coordination with related departments
- Preparation of correspondence to providers
- Preparation of monthly reports for finance from various providers
- Support the finance department for the fixed assets inventory (incl. vehicle fleet and IT/Phone assets) and including physically checking and labelling the fixed assets.
- Document management (clients and suppliers’ contracts, invoices…) in both paper version and soft copy
- Local HR Business Partner
- Manage interactions between regional HR team and local departments
- Prepare HR documents for all employees (contracts, attestations…)
- Keep personnel records up to date, arranging interviews
- Manage interactions with local Labour Inspection
- Leave Form Management for all employees
- Manage work-related accidents
- Manage the health insurance file for all employees including issuing application to the new hires and discontinuation of insurance for departing employees.
- Business card printing for all staff
- Manage the pharmacy
- Commercial Director
- Sub Regional HR Director
- Finance Team
- HR Generalist
- All employees
- External service providers
Technical skills required
- Working knowledge of Office Administration.
- Working knowledge of supplier management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with all levels of employees
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships at all levels of the organization, while also advocating for an issue, and/or providing constructive feedback
- Strong drive to get things done (proactively)
- Excellent time management and prioritization.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent in English
- Able to work under pressure to demanding time pressures and to meet deadlines
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Able to understand and adapt to cultural sensitiveness
Typical Education and Work Experience required
- Typically 5+ years relevant experience in Office administration
- University degree or related, education or job experience equivalent
- Good language skills in English
- Experience in working in a matrix / international organization (preferred)
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!