For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Are you enthusiastic, do you like to take initiative and are you the problem-solving type? Are you an optimist and full of energy? Do you have an inquisitive nature? Then you might be the one and only colleague we are looking for our Retail team.
GfK maps the evolution of markets and products via Point of Sales Tracking. To this end, GfK collects sales data from many points of sale or retailers in Belgium (Carrefour, MediaMarkt, Krëfel, Vanden Borre, ...) in various sectors, including Electrical, Small & Major Domestic Appliances, Stationary, IT, Telecom, Entertainment, ...
Based on these sales data, GfK charts the market share of a wide product range. This data is shared with our retailers on the one hand and sold to our customers (manufacturers) on the other.
For our office in Leuven, we are looking for an analytical mind with commercial flair to strengthen the team.
As Expert Market Insights, you will have following key accountabilities:
- You process the Point of Sales Data into relevant market insights.
- You prepare presentations using storytelling techniques.
- You help our retailers thanks to your problem solving skills.
- You present results and trends to our customers.
- You recruit new retailers to participate in our retail panels.
Now that we've introduced you to the position as Expert Market Insights, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree
- You have 3-5 years of experience in customer service and/or market research.
- You have a good knowledge of MS Office.
- You have strong communication skills and you are not afraid to make a call to our current customers or potential new retailers.
- You have a deep interest in numbers and the story behind them.
- You have good analytical skills and the talent to translate the figures to our clients in a clear way.
- You are well organized, dynamic, eager to learn and client centered.
- You can set the right priorities and enjoy working independently as well as in team.
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English. Good knowledge of French is a plus point!
Apply now! Become a member of the Retail Sales team!
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!