For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Marketing Sciences Consultant – London
GfK UK are seeking to appoint an inquisitive and highly motivated Marketing Sciences Consultant within our long established and highly respected Marketing Science team. The team is a specialist business unit providing consulting and advanced analytics across the GfK marketing intelligence portfolio. We act as consultants for statistical/technical advice, input into client proposals, as well as support to research teams in the design & execution of all client projects.
With GfK’s extensive presence across the globe, not only will you get to experience of working with the local UK team, but you have access to a global network of c150 Marketing and Data scientists who all share the same vision to learn, develop and share the latest cutting-edge methods. Having access to seasoned industry experts in every area of marketing and data science is one of our great USPs.
Working with colleagues across country borders we promise a rewarding career progression: developing, customising, and applying leading edge techniques across domestic and international markets, covering the full range of research applications across a wide range of industry sectors.
Reporting to the head of the UK Marketing Sciences team, you will have a good background in statistics, survey research design and complex analytics. You will be responsible for running analytical projects and recommending appropriate methodologies to design analytics/ research programs which address the client’s marketing/business problems. Excellent communication skills are very important as you will have to present analysis to researchers/clients on a regular basis.
We are looking for someone with experience with applying a diverse range of advanced analytics to survey research, with excellent knowledge of Segmentation (K-means, Latent class), Regression (Logistic, Linear, Non-linear), Factor analysis, and Mapping. Knowledge of other areas such as Conjoint, Bayesian Networks, econometric modelling, data integration, marketing mix modelling, CHAID and Significance testing would also be desirable.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, pro-active, creative, and eager to learn.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Deliver analytics projects to a high quality the meet internal stakeholders’ and clients’ requirements
- Maintain good working knowledge of statistical analysis techniques, both current and emerging.
- Effectively manage own workload & be responsible for managing projects.
- Maintain a broad and deep understanding of quantitative research techniques, to be able to mention appropriate solutions to client problems.
- Develop an understanding of the possibilities and limitations of techniques and software packages.
- Promote new techniques and approaches as well as continuously review external developments
- Ensure high quality of all finished documents
Now at this point we could add an endless list of what you will be expected to do, followed by another endless list of what experience, qualifications and skills you should possess, in order to be successful. But we know: as a Marketing Scientist you are a passionate team player that:
- Has a good understanding of advanced analytical research techniques, as well as sound experience in sampling and weighting. Will know what analytic technique to use it which situation and be able to articulate your recommendation. Be able to communicate to researchers the value of these techniques.
- Be well-organised, flexible, and demonstrate self-confidence, decisiveness, and commitment. Other crucial aspects of the role are to be self-motivated, pro-active, and creative.
- Effective at communicating with clients and colleagues. Able to deliver analytic insights in an impactful and meaningful way. Good at managing researcher expectations.
- Demonstrate ability to manage tasks clearly and monitor progress, help manage and optimise workloads of the team.
- Good attention for detail – ensure all outputs delivered to clients/researchers are professionally presented and accurate.
- Good written skills, ability to help write proposals, reports, and concise summary of findings.
- Is able to learn new methodologies and programming languages quickly.
- Manage own time effectively and ensure all project deadlines are met, act to resolve conflicts between projects.
- Good interpersonal skills – treat others with respect, be co-operative, friendly, and considerate of others. Be a good role model, help to build teamwork and team spirit.
- Be fully up to date with the requirements of the company’s quality systems and ensure compliance.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Statistics, Advanced Analytics, Data Science, or related subject.
- Experience in a market research agency.
- Advanced knowledge of SPSS and Excel.
- Good working knowledge of R and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of programming in SAS, VBA and/or Python.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!
GfK UK has committed to a net zero carbon emissions policy by 2026.