For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
GfK UK are currently seeking to appoint an inquisitive and talented Marketing & Data Sciences Consultant (traditionally Research Director level) within our long established and highly respected Marketing & Data Science (M&DS) team - a specialist business unit of Marketing/Data Scientists who act as consultants for analytical/statistical input into client proposals, providing technical advice, as well as support to research teams in the design & execution of all of our projects.
Reporting to the Regional Head of M&DS, also based in London, the Marketing & Data Sciences Consultant will have a strong background in statistics. As a key member of staff, the successful postholder will typically be responsible for managing & running analytic projects unsupervised from low to high complexity. Excellent communication skills are also very important as the successful postholder will have frequent client contact and will present proposals and analytics to clients on a regular basis. As a senior member of the D&SC team, the Marketing & Data Sciences Consultant will take responsibility for their own workload and for team members. The successful postholder will play an important role in managing, coaching and training team members and researchers in statistical matters, will be well-organised, flexible and demonstrate commitment.
With GfK’s strong presence across the globe, the successful post holder will not only experience working with the local team but also have access to a global network of 200 Marketing/Data scientists who all share the same vision to learn, develop and share the latest cutting edge methods. Collaborating and associating with seasoned industry experts in every area of marketing/data science is one of our great USP’s.
Working with fellow colleagues across country borders we promise a rewarding career progression: developing, customising and applying leading edge techniques across domestic and international markets, covering the full range of research applications across a wide range of industry sectors.
We are seeking data science professionals with strong analytic capability in the field of marketing effectiveness measurement (e.g. media mix modelling (MMM), campaign evaluation, A/B testing, Geo-Experiments), in particular using digital/media data (e.g. paid, search, social, clickstream, log-level analytics data). In addition, candidates with experience of the following would also be desirable: NLP (Natural Language Processing), Segmentation, Regression, Factor analysis, Brand mapping, CHAID and Significance testing. Basic to intermediate programming skills such as R or Python are essential.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Lead UK analyst for marketing effectiveness measurement
- Work closely with the internal client solution teams to drive business growth in the area of MMM, Geo Experiments, CPA, BrandLift and other relevant products
- Effectively manage project workloads and work with departmental colleagues to optimize efficiency
- Be responsible for managing projects & team members
- Coach and train team members and researchers in area of expertise
- Maintain a broad understanding of non-marketing effectiveness research techniques, to be able to consult on appropriate solutions to client problems
- Develop an understanding of the limitations and possibilities of analytic techniques and software packages
- Promote new techniques and approaches as well as continuously review and adapt external developments
- Ensure high quality of all deliverables
- Excellent understanding of advanced analytical research techniques in the field of marketing effectiveness measurement (e.g. media mix modelling (MMM), campaign evaluation, A/B testing, Geo-Experiments).
- Hands-on experiences in working with large-quantity, digital/media datasets.
- Will coach and communicate to researchers and clients the value of these techniques.
- Able to deliver analytic and communicate insights in an impactful and meaningful way. Good at managing client and researcher expectations.
- Demonstrates ability to manage complex projects and manage/optimize workloads of the team.
- Ensure all outputs delivered to clients/researchers are professionally presented and accurate.
- Ability to write proposals, reports and concise summary of findings.
- Experience in supporting business development, such as contributing to proposals, attending pitches.
- Able to learn new methodologies and programming languages quickly.
- Will manage own time effectively and ensure all project deadlines are met, act to resolve conflicts between projects.
- Treat others with respect. Be a good role model, help to build teamwork and team spirit.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Statistics, Advanced Analytics, Data Science or related subject.
- Substantial experience in a Market research/Media agency.
- Good working knowledge of R & Excel.
- Knowledge of programming in SPSS, SAS, VBA and/or Python.
At GfK our history and core values mean mutual trust and respect are fundamental to our continued success.
We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!