For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Purpose of the Role
- The general role involves a very high level of data production, data processing and analysis
- Ability to interpret the data is also key, otherwise mistakes are often not spotted
- Supports Client Service in defining the adequate Analyses design
- Responsible for providing all types of insight deliveries to clients
- Produce high quality data reports using Excel (40% of working time) and internal analysis tool (AnalyzeIT/SimIT – 40% of working time) and Powerpoint (10% of working time)
- Working with multiple European countries
Technical / Personal skills required
- MS Office skills, advanced Excel user skills
- English B2
- Must be able to give attention to detail: some work will be complex in our analysis system and we must strive to avoid mistakes / check work is 100% right before delivery
- Need to be able to liaise and discuss variations from multiple countries and be able to take on board and handle the differences to each piece of work, often at the same time
- Problem solving skills: why does data come out like it does, what needs to be changed to get the data as it wished for?
- Analysis & Reporting:
- executes internal programs for reporting purposes or detailed customer requests (using AIT, SimIT or Consumer Insight Visualizer)
- analyses data and data trends using tools like EXCEL in order to provide insights for the customer
- Research Design & Proposal Development:
- supports in creating the adequate research design (as skills develop)
- provides input for applying the correct analyses design and setting up efficient processes
- Project Execution:
- supports in developing mechanisms for automation esp. in tracking studies (automated data checks) – main objectives are quality improvement, reduction of error rates and speed of delivery
- Client Management:
- Internal Client (local sales team) interaction especially as an expert
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!