United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Regional Head of Procurement & Facilities will Ensure implementation of Global category initiatives within the region. (Facilities, Data, travel, etc) This role will lead proactive sourcing projects, specification definition and demand management. Establishing partnerships that encompasses supplier management, establish value creation targets and supplier performance, develop innovation programs, manage supplier risks, and conduct regular business reviews. This role will be responsible for connecting with key stakeholders to understand business requirements and communicate category initiatives.
As The Regional Head of Procurement & Facilities, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Communicate to the Global Category Managers the best practices from the various countries within the region
- Act as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) within the region, where required, and input into supplier business reviews
- Support the regional implementation of Global contracts that support the Global Category Strategy
- Explain major benefits of contracts to local procurement teams, as appropriate
- Facilitate negotiations of regional or local contracts, in alignment with Global Category Manager and/or VP Procurement & Real Estate
- In case of successful conclusion of negotiations, seek approvals from VP Procurement & Real Estate
- Support supplier management activities and manage supplier performance and innovation activities for regional suppliers, including issue resolution
- Identify process improvement opportunities, and promoting procurement best practice in a complex, multi-site operation across region
- Enforce contract compliance across region
- Support implementation of standard procedures, policies, processes, and systems in region
- Train local buyers on roles and responsibilities of Global procurement
- Understand and guide local and global buying operations on new procedures, tools, systems, etc.
- Ensure all facilities services suppliers and/or in-house resources are managed
- Ensure external vendors have contracts and service level agreements
- Ensure facilities KPI’s are in place across the region, including environmental KPI’s
- Implement cost models and benchmarks for services developed across the region
- Liaise with Head of Real Estate to input into optimal office design and layout
- Ensure communication with stakeholders across the region
- Ensure compliance with local regulations
- Optimise day to day facilities support across region
- Ensure regular reporting of budget, KPI’s, spend and savings across region
- Ensure that safe working practices are implemented, monitored, and always adhered to in
accordance with Safety and Environmental policy requirements
- Ensure all Health & Safety and Business Continuity issues are managed effectively and as the responsible person for fire legislation
- Provide management and leadership for a team across geographical locations, creating a culture of customer focus and high performance
- Liaise with site landlords to ensure that the agreed programmed for planned building maintenance is implemented and monitored
- Ensure effective records are maintained across all sites in relation to Premises, H&S, Business Continuity and Contractor management
- Identify and implement improvements to operational practices for the facilities teams across all sites
- Develop and implement a streamlined and structured framework for managing and monitor the facilities and resources across all services
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills combined with the ability to drive results
- Experience in demand management, sourcing, and negotiations
- Ability to influence others and align various interests
- Proactive, target oriented and assertive personality with strong presentation skills
- Manage and adhere to timelines on assigned projects and tasks
- Ability to negotiate legal and commercial contractual aspects
- Able to work in a changing environment
- Able to solve problems and communicate complex issues clearly and effectively
- Assertive personality and a self-starter
- The ability to work with all procurement categories as required, to support the wider Procurement team
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!