For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Support Global Category Managers to gather data (i.e. suppliers, spend, contracts)
- Communicate to the Global Category Managers the best practices from the various countries within the region
- Support the regional implementation of Global contracts that support the Global Category Strategy
- Explain major benefits of contracts to local procurement teams, as appropriate
- Facilitate negotiations of regional or local contracts, in alignment with Global Category Manager and/or VP Procurement & Real Estate
- In case of successful conclusion of negotiations, seek approvals from VP Procurement & Real Estate
- Support supplier management activities and manage supplier performance and innovation activities for regional suppliers, including issue resolution
- Identify process improvement opportunities, and promoting procurement best practice in a complex, multi-site operation across region
- Gather future project list to feed into overall procurement projects list
- Enforce contract compliance across region
- Support implementation of standard procedures, policies, processes and systems in region
- Train local buyers on roles and responsibilities of Global procurement
- Understand local buying operations
- Guide local buyers on Global Team and on new procedures, tools, systems, etc.
- Ensure all facilities services suppliers and/or in-house resources are managed
- Ensure external vendors have contracts and service level agreements
- Continually improve service levels
- Ensure facilities KPI’s are in place across the region, including environmental KPI’s
- Ensure should cost models and benchmarks for services are developed across the region
- Liaise with Head of Real Estate to input into optimal office design and layout
- Ensure communication with stakeholders across the region
- Ensure compliance with local regulations
- Optimize day to day facilities support across region
- Ensure regular reporting of budget, KPI’s, spend and savings across region
- Ensure that safe working practices are implemented, monitored and adhered to at all times in
accordance with Safety and Environmental policy requirements
- Ensure all Health & Safety and Business Continuity issues are managed effectively and as the responsible person for fire legislation
- Ensure all sites have up to date and effective Facilities Business Continuity and Facilities Health, Safety and Environment plans that are regularly reviewed for effectiveness and compliance
- Provide management and leadership for a team across geographical locations, creating a culture of customer focus and high performance
- Liaise with site landlords to ensure that the agreed programme for planned building maintenance is implemented and monitored
- Ensure effective records are maintained across all sites in relation to Premises, H&S, Business Continuity and Contractor management
- Lead local projects and support centrally initiated projects as required
- Identify and implement improvements to operational practices for the facilities teams across all sites
- Develop and implement a streamlined and structured framework for managing and monitoring the facilities and resources across all services
- Effectively communicate and liaise with stakeholders and 3rd parties
- Organize team members and delegate responsibilities and ensure team empowerment
- Coach junior team members
- Deploy resources effectively to manage projects and tasks
- Measure individual performance and provide timely and open feedback
- Support team in development plans
The incumbent can be based in either of the locations Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Makati City, Taipei , Singapore.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!