Marketing & Communications
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
GfK is revolutionizing real-time access to critical knowledge with an always-on, AI-powered intelligence platform for the consumer products industry.
As Global Marketing Operations Lead, you are a world-class marketing operations senior, who strives to increase productivity of an organisation. Reporting to our Head of Performance & Categories Marketing based in London, the Global Marketing Operations Lead helps to drive business planning, insights and operational excellence in the Marketing organisation, partnering closely the wider marketing team and other functions including Sales, Operations and Finance.
The ideal candidate will be have a strong analytical and consultative mindset, a deep understanding of sales and marketing processes (ideally in the SaaS industry), experience in working with senior stakeholders from business and technical backgrounds, the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines, and a high interest in scaling marketing operations.
- Support Marketing leadership in strategic, operational, and financial planning, including goal setting, budget allocation and organisational set-up
- Ensure we have strong marketing plans and KPIs in place at a team and regional level, and optimise resource allocation to maximise growth and ROI
- Work with Procurement to oversee our Supplier strategy
- Lead Management - Work with Digital Marketing, Sales Operations and Salesforce Tech Team to generate common processes to track and report progress on funnel metrics, marketing KPIs and ROI of marketing programs. Also identifying the right data foundation and correcting any lead flow issues
- Conduct insightful analysis using internal and external data, and identify opportunities to drive growth or efficiency improvements
- Lead operational reviews and rhythm of the business to drive decision-making and review progress on marketing goals and priorities (e.g. monthly/quarterly business reviews)
- Drive operational excellence in the Marketing org by identifying and leading process or operational improvements, in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Build strong cross-functional relationships especially with sales, sales operations, analytical and technical teams
- Play a key role in driving alignment between marketing and sales
- Drive best practice in campaign planning and execution, ensuring collaborative approach to determining the optimal processes which synchronise delivery of our Global and local campaigns
- Ensure that each marketing program is measured and effectively drives pipeline
- Work cross-functionally to help drive success in lead management and to track and improve funnel efficiency
- implement improvements to enhance marketing productivity
- Recommend new systems and outline workflow processes to increase the scalability and efficiency of the marketing organisation
- Oversee standard processes for onboarding of new team members, new suppliers and partners. Lead in the scope of available Sales and Marketing dashboards to enable demonstration of performance and ROI metrics
Requirements & Experience
- 6 years+ experience leading marketing operations, sales operations or a similar function in a B2B SaaS or technology company (desirable), with a focus on growth and demand generation
- Strong analytical and project management expertise gained in management consulting and/or relevant functions
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills, able to lead advanced quantitative analysis, derive actionable insights and drive projects from strategy to execution
- Understands the latest marketing ops methodologies in data analysis, reporting, technology selection and implementation
- Experience with marketing automation solutions (e.g. Hubspot), with data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau) and with CRM (e.g. SalesForce), including understanding routing rules, leads tracking, leads flow and nurture
- Strong leadership, cross-functional influence and execution at all levels of an organisation
At GfK our history and core values mean mutual trust and respect are fundamental to our continued success. We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!